High Pressure Regulator
The Mark 60HP Series has a working pressure fully rated to ANSI Class 600 pressures, and permits setpoints as high as 450 psi. The Mark 60HP is used to regulate the downstream pressure to a predetermined setpoint. The spring in the Mark 60 holds the sliding gate seats in their normally open position to allow the process media to pass through the sets.
Features & Benefits
- Sliding Gate Trim – unique seat design for unsurpassed trim life and accuracy
- Jorcote Seat Coating – ceramic composite for liquids, gases and especially steam. Very low friction with outstanding wear resistance and a temperature rating of up to 550°F. Steam tested to 1,000,000 cycles and still maintained Class IV leakage.
- Jorlon Diaphragm – extremely durable, virtually universally applicable up to 450°F. Tested without failure to over 1,000,000 full stroke cycles. Ideal for steam, gases and liquids. 316SST diaphragm applicable up to 550°F.
- Straight-Thru Flow – the flow is straight through the valve seats and body. Direction of the disc travel is perpendicular to the flow, not opposed to the direction of the flow. Thus, the flow does not unbalance the seats. The MK60 can use a wider range of its stroke to give accurate control; less offset.
- Quiet Operation – typically 5-10 dB less than conventional globe style regulators. The disc and plate are always in contact, which eliminates chattering. Straight-through flow minimizes turbulence. Multiple orifices in the plate and disc divide the flow stream into smaller flow components.
- Minimum maintenance – the MK60HP sliding gate seats require no special tools for disassembly. The seats are pre-lapped at the factory and are self-lapping while in operation ensuring a continual tight shutoff.