The sliding gate back pressure regulators are ideal for steam, liquid and gas media. A variety of regulators are available including self-operated, high flow, differential, vacuum, air loaded and pilot operated.
Jordan Valve has a large line of back pressure regulators that meet many different specifications and applications, from self-operated to air-loaded to pilot-operated. The sliding gate back pressure regulators achieve levels of performance, reliability, and accuracy that are not found in other valve designs.
Our sliding gate back pressure regulators are ideal for steam, liquid, and gas applications.
What is a back pressure regulator?
A back pressure regulator is a device that maintains a defined pressure upstream of its own inlet. In other words, it controls the inlet pressure while allowing any excess pressure to vent through the regulator.
Types Of Back Pressure
Regulators We Carry
We have a wide variety of back pressure regulators available including self-operated, high flow, differential, vacuum, air loaded, and pilot-operated. Many of our back pressure regulators have sliding gate technology which offers precise control in a variety of applications.
How do back pressure regulators work?
A back pressure regulator is a valve that maintains a defined pressure upstream of its own inlet. When fluid pressure at the inlet of the back pressure regulator exceeds the setpoint, the regulator opens to relieve the excess pressure. The back pressure regulator continually adjusts its position to keep the inlet pressure at the desired setpoint.
In the normally closed position, upstream pressure is sensed underneath the diaphragm. As upstream pressure increases above the setpoint, the pressure of the service overcomes the spring force and begins opening the valve. This bleeds off the pressure on the upstream pressure side and maintains the constant upstream pressure.
Benefits Of Using Back Pressure Regulators
Some of the benefits of using back pressure regulators include:
- Straight-through flow where turbulence is reduced and superior trim life is achieved.
- Our sliding gate design provides exceptional low flow control since the flow works with the seat and not against it.
- Short stroke with fast response. The stroke length is typically ⅓ that of a globe valve, reducing the amount of droop (deviation from setpoint) in the regulator.
- A variety of seat coatings and seat materials to meet almost any application. The Jorcote seat is standard and delivers outstanding performance.
- The sliding gate design provides an area of closure, not just a line of closure. This area of closure reduces the effects of wire draw which is the most common cause of seat leakage.
- Less maintenance and downtime, and more opportunity to increase yields and profits.
- Easy maintenance. Your flow requirements change, and interchangeable Cv’s are available.
- The movement of the sliding gate seats generates a self-cleaning action.
Applications For Back Pressure Regulators
Our sliding gate back pressure regulators are ideal for steam, liquid, and gas media applications. Our team works with our customers to help achieve tangible results including lower operating costs, optimized performance, prolonged equipment life and higher productivity. You will see our back pressure regulators in a variety of applications including:
- For use in the food & beverage industry
- For high-pressure applications
- For fuel and oil burner control
- For fuel and oil atomization
- For natural gas applications
- For steam sterilization