Features & Benefits
- Suitable for in-line deflagration
- Exceptional flow capacities with minimal pressure drop
- Short-time burn capability
- Bi-directional protection
- Elevated operating temperature models available
- Elevated operating pressure models available
- Easy-clean, replaceable, crimped-ribbon elements
- Sizes and materials to suit a wide range of applications
- End connections include flanged or threaded options
Principles of Operation
The Elmac Technologies® LEB Series of In-Line Deflagration Flame Arresters are designed to prevent the propagation of flames in piping systems. By locating the flame arrester in close proximity to the potential source of ignition, any flame or explosion is confined to the immediate area. LEB flame arrester models include high pressure, high temperature and short-time burn variants.
For a deflagration with no stabilised flame, the combustion products are cooled at the element surface by heat dissipation. This prevents continuation of the combustion process through the flame arrester and into the protected line. In the event that a flame stabilises on the flame arrester element, a sudden increase in temperature will be detected by a monitoring system and secondary protection measures are activated to stop the flow of the flammable mixture.
Elmac LEB Series of In-Line Flame Arresters are ATEX certified for Explosion Groups IIB1, IIB2, IIB3