Features & Benefits
- Suitable for in-line deflagration
- Suitable for Hydrogen applications
- Exceptional flow capacities with minimal pressure drop
- Bi-directional protection
- Elevated operating pressure models available
- Sizes and materials to suit a wide range of applications
- Replaceable elements for ease of maintenance
Principles of Operation
The Elmac Technologies® DFC Series of In-Line Deflagration Flame Arresters are designed to prevent propagation of flames in gas or vapour mixtures. By locating the arrester in close proximity to the potential source of ignition, any flame or explosion is confined to the immediate area.
In the event of explosion, the combustion products are cooled at the element surface by heat dissipation thus preventing continuation of the combustion process through the flame arrester and into the protected line. The flame cannot pass through the flame arrester, and is subsequently contained or extinguished.
Elmac DFC Series of In-Line Flame Arresters are ATEX certified for Explosion Groups IIB & IIC. Suitable for Hydrogen Applications.
|Arrester Housing Materials
|Carbon Steel or Stainless Steel
|Special materials on request
|316L Stainless Steel
|ANSI 150 Flange
|PN16 Flange, Female BSP/NPT, Male BSP/NPT
|Painted (Carbon Steel Arresters)
|Offshore Paint, PTFE Coated, Others on Request