Features & Benefits
- Suitable for in-line deflagration
- Exceptional flow capacities with minimal pressure drop
- Bi-directional protection
- Elevated operating temperature models available
- Elevated operating pressure models available
- Sizes and materials to suit a wide range of applications
- End connections include flanged or threaded options
- Available with concentric or eccentric body design
Principles of Operation
The Elmac Technologies® SGE-IB In-Line Deflagration Flame Arresters are designed to prevent propagation of flames in gas or vapour mixtures. By locating the arrester in close proximity to the potential source of ignition, any flame or explosion is confined to the immediate area. SGE-IB Deflagration arresters are supplied as complete units ready for simple and direct installation into piping systems. In the context of the Pressure Equipment Directive (PED), Elmac flame arresters are classified as a piping assembly.
A flame arrester uses an element with small apertures which allows gas or vapour to pass. If the apertures are smaller than the maximum experimental safe gap (MESG) for the gas or vapour then a flame cannot pass through the arrester, and is therefore contained or extinguished.
Elmac SGE-IB Series of In-line Flame Arresters are ATEX certified for Explosion Groups IIB1, IIB2 & IIB3.
|Arrester Housing Materials
|Carbon Steel or Stainless Steel
|Low Temperature Carbon Steel, Duplex Steel, Hastelloy
|316L Stainless Steel
|ANSI 150 Flange
|Painted (Carbon Steel Arresters)
|Offshore Paint, PTFE Coated, Others on Request